Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Olympic Shame Day

Last Tuesday, June 23, I organized an Olympic Shame Day Demo for the Canadian Seal Slaughter that was held at the Canadian Consulate in Philadelphia, PA. It was the first demo I've ever organized and it was a great experience! Peta sent me several posters and a stack of leaflets, and I made several posters as well. A fellow activist had told me that creating posters was like therapy to her, and I couldn't agree more. Ten activists showed up for the demonstration, and for the most part everyone was really receptive and willing to take leaflets and even talk to us about the cause, which was awesome. I'm doing a tour through Pennsylvania with Peta for the boycott of Canadian Maple Syrup to stop the Canadian Seal Slaughter next week, so I'll let you know how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment