Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Grilled "Cheese" for the Kids at Heart

As a soy-free vegan I've never tried any cheese alternatives, up until now, because almost all of them are soy based. However, I recently decided to attempt to make grilled cheese. Considering I despise every gluten-free bread I've ever tried, I was skeptical about how it would turn out. I was pleasantly surprised to actually like it!

For the grilled "cheese" I used Kinnikinnick's Sunflower Flax Seed Bread and Galaxy Nutritional Foods American Flavor Rice. I cooked it using a George Foreman Grill, the cheese melted great, and the bread grilled great! I made Ian's Alphatots and steamed broccoli with it. For those of you who have never heard of Ian's check out their website here, they have a lot of allergy friendly foods that actually taste good!

No comments:

Post a Comment