Sunday, June 7, 2009

About my Allergies

Alright, so since I'm going to be posting a lot of recipes and tips and tricks here for my fellow vegans with food allergies I figured I should give you the low down on my allergies. I'm allergic to dairy, eggs, and shellfish, but being vegan naturally takes care of those allergies. In addition, I'm allergic to soy, gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, cocoa, vinegar, tomatoes and olives. My diet may sound pretty restricted, but there are a lot of foods and recipes out there that you would never think to try that are actually really good! More on that in the future, but for now check out the Enjoy Life website, all of their foods are vegan and free of the 8 most common allergens (wheat, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish, and shellfish)! They sell cookies, snack bars, trail mix, granola, bagels, chocolate chips, and chocolate bars. So far I've only tried their Gingerbread, Happy Apple, and Snickerdoodle cookies but all of them were excellent, especially heated up!

No comments:

Post a Comment