Thursday, July 2, 2009

Apple Pancakes

Hodgson Mill sells Apple Cinnamon Muffin Mix that is gluten free and that can be used to make some really tasty pancakes. There is a recipe on the back of their box but I have to tweak it a bit to fit my allergies and vegan lifestyle. I've only made it in half batches but I'm sure it would work just fine making the whole batch at once. For a half batch I use:

-1/2 Box Hogson Mill Apple Cinnamon Muffin Mix
-1/2 cup Rice Milk (plus a tad extra)
-EnerG Egg Replacer for 1/2 an egg (3/4 tsp EnerG + 1 Tbsp warm water)
-1 and 1/2 tsp water (instead of vegetable oil, but I'm sure it would work the same with oil)
-1 Tbsp + 1 tsp sugar

I combine the muffin mix, water, and sugar first then mix in the milk and egg replacer. The box says to cook them on a griddle, I just do it on a frying pan and it works just fine. There is a touch of an apple taste but it isn't that strong, I'm thinking about putting fresh apples into the mix next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment